Using a Mac pc as a developer can be quite challenging, as it has it's own isolated commands unlike Linux based computers. Following are some useful shortcuts/ terminal commands that comes in handy as a developer.
Values included in <> are to be replaced with your run time values.
1. Extract a jar file : jar tf <jar-file>
2. Search for a string in all files : grep -r <carbon_event_processing_version> *
3. Find the process running in a specific port (port 80 in this case) : sudo lsof -i :80
4.Printscreen command in Mac : ctrl+shift + 4
5. In terminal (vi) go to end of a file : G
6. In terminal (vi) go to the top of a file : G1
7. Zip content in Mac : zip -r -X ClaimsApprovalTask3.zip ClaimsApprovalTask2
( Remember to add option -X ,else your zipped file will contain mac resource files( _MACOSX/.ds store))
8.After traversing the pathof a file/folder through terminal , open it in finder (Mac specific) : open .